Thursday 5 January 2012

New Years Resolution

It is that time of year when we look forward to the year ahead and make all our resolutions.  This year I have decided to try lots of different crafts and to try and use up my stash of goodies which just seems to accumulate in my craft room.  I love reading craft magazines and books but just never seem to get around to trying any of the projects so this is my year for trying new things.

 In this month's Crafts Beautiful magazine there was a great free gift with some card blanks and die cut butterflies so I decided to try out a birthday card for a friend.  I added an extra set of wings which I cut a little bit smaller than the original and stuck them on for a 3D effect.  I added some faux stitching around the edges and some glitter for the body. I then used a sentiment from my favorite digistamp website - http://www.pinkpetticoat.co.uk/ which I applied inside the card with 3D foam so that it shows through the cutout in the card. 
Happy birthday Annabelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment