Friday 27 January 2012

Cut it Out challenge

This weeks challenge on Less is More is to cut out an aperture on the card.  I have to admit to struggling with this one a bit.  I always try to make my own card before having a peep at everyone elses card so that I am not influenced.  I made a card earlier this week and was just about to add my link when I had a peep at Craftilicious's entry.  All I can say is that we both had the same idea but mine was not a patch on the cute lovebots entry.  After a couple of days I decided to have another go and came up with this card for my hubby on Valentines Day. 



 
I just love this little Steampunk key with the little heart

I first cut out a heart frame using chipboard and my Sizzix Hearts die.  I then distressed this slightly using Vintage Sepia ink.  Using the frame as a guide I then cut out my aperture on my card.  I tied the key to the heart frame and fixed with a chocolate brown ribbon bow.  The sentiment was done in Word and printed in Sepia.  I used a touch of red card under my sentiment to give it a bit of colour.

3 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous!
    I love the heart frame for that super key!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I love this card it's very classy, the frame looks wonderful distressed and the little key is fun! What a shame you and craftylicious chose the same idea but this is worth the rethink:0) Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speprb card, love the suspended key
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete