Wednesday 1 June 2011

A bit of fun

Well it has been a while since I was last on my blog but we were lucky enough to be able to spend the last month in France and there was so much to keep us busy that crafting was the last thing on my mind.  The good news is that we are now home and ready to go again.  A friend had borrowed my sewing machine while I was away so I had to find something different to do when we got back.  Sean's nursery school teacher is going on maternity leave this week so we decided to make her a 'Nappy Cake' which involves no sewing at all and was something easy for the kids to help with.  We glued a cardboard tube onto a cake board and then placed the nappies around it to form the cake tiers.  In between the nappies we put some rolled up onesies, bibs, socks, mittens and a few baby toiletries.  To hide the nappies we used a couple of baby blankets and burp cloths folded and wrapped around the tiers to form the icing on the cake.  To keep it all together we tied ribbon around each tier and a little cuddly toy on the top.  We also popped a little onesie into the top of the cardboard tube to form the candle.  Kids and I had great fun...


How many cakes can you cuddle?



Kirsty determined to get the cuddly toy

No comments:

Post a Comment